Thanks for visiting the Iris Records website. We hope that we can provide you with a effective and fun shopping experience. While we now that we can't compete with the larger internet sites on price and product reach, we hope that we can make it up with creative curating, friendly service and providing satisfaction that you are indeed working with an honest, community-minded, local merchant. We'll do our best to satisfy you! Feel free to contact us with questions or comments. So, to order:
1.First (surprise), you must CREATE AN ACCOUNT. You can do this easily by clicking on the upper right hand corner of our website and filling out the form with your vital information. An email is sent to you to confirm that this account has been set up. You are now ready to order.
2. To navigate around the site: If you are looking for a specific artist, use the SEARCH tab on the upper right of the screen. This will show all titles by that artist that we HAVE HAD or DO HAVE in stock. Click on the item to see if it is indeed available. If you see a gray ADD TO CART button, then we have it. If you see a WISH LIST tab, that means that we DO NOT have it at the moment. You can also wander through the site by clicking on the SHOP pull down menu and looking at items by genre and price point as well. Note: searching for specific artists is the quickest way to find an item.
3. If we don't have an item in stock, you can add it to your WISH LIST. This keeps track of what you want/need, then communicate with us directly via the CONTACT tab to inquire if we can order that item for you. Keep in mind that vinyl today is a moving target. Some items go out of stock temporarily or forever. We will help you figure this out and point you in the right direction. If you are looking for a record and CAN'T FIND IT AT ALL on our site, email us as well. Some recordings simply do not exist in vinyl form! But we'll get back to you ASAP and help you understand the reality of what you are searching for. Use us as a resource!
4. Once you are ready to check out, you can pay with either a secure credit card or by Paypal. Our domestic shipping policy is simple enough. We ship by USPS Media Mail and this method is quite reasonably priced. Orders over $100 ship for FREE. You also have the option to pick up the item at the store. That will save you all shipping costs! (Remember that we can also mail records to your friends and family as gifts---directly to them. We can also include a note from you to the recipient.) Note: we don't keep your credit card info on file or sell your email to anyone, ever!
5. If you are interested in buying a gift certificate for the shop (or the website), click on the GIFT CERTIFICATE tab on the upper right corner of the website. You will receive a paper certificate that you can print out. This certificate can be used on the website OR in the physical store on Brunswick Street. Please note that physical gift cards bought in the store cannot be used on the website.
6. Don't be thrown off by an item not having a photo! We are working on this. Even the Iris t-shirts don't have photos (yet). This is an ongoing project. Just so you know.